Great Start Checking
Great Start Checking is the perfect first checking account for students on the go. With a low opening deposit of $50, you have an account with no minimum balance, no monthly service fee and eServices to make managing money convenient and easy.
Benefits for Students:
- Bank anywhere - Online and Mobile Banking makes it quick and easy to check your accounts, transfer money and more.
- Mobile Deposits - Use your smart phone to deposit checks.
- Debit Card Controls - Enable or disable your debit card to reduce fraud.
- ATM reimbursement - Receive fee reimbursement of up to $10 a month if you have to use another bank’s ATM.
- MyLife Personal Financial Management Tool - Budget to meet your financial goals.
- Scholarship opportunity - Apply for a chance to earn one of two $500 scholarships awarded each year. Click here for Great Start Scholarship instructions.
Benefits for Parents:
- Joint access - Help your student manage their account.
- Set limits - Set limits to help your student learn how to manage their money responsibly.
- Account Alerts - Receive notifications of activity on the account.
- Student must be 22 years or younger
- Accountholders 17 years and younger must have a joint account with an adult
- $50 minimum deposit to open account
- Monthly eStatements
To learn more, talk to a Personal Banker at any of our convenient locations .