America Saves Week Encourages Automatic Savings
America Saves Week, February 26th through March 3rd, is a national effort to set a savings goal, make a savings plan, and save automatically. Saving automatically is at the heart America Saves Week’s mission. It’s proven to be that the easiest and most effective way to save is automatically. This is how millions of employees save through 401(k) and other retirement programs at work. It is also how millions of Americans save at their bank or credit union.
How to Save Automatically
The best automatic saving is when you make a decision to do so, then it just happens:
• Every month, have your bank or credit union transfer a fixed amount (like $25) from your checking account to a savings or investment account. Talk to your local bank or credit union to set this up.
• Every pay period, have your employer deduct a certain amount from your paycheck and transfer it to a savings account. Ask your HR representative for more details.
Set up automatic payments towards your debt by providing your checking account information to your loan provider to ensure that the payments are on time and in full. Enrolling in automatic payments may even qualify you for a small interest rate deduction with some types of loans and providers, such as some student loans.
• If your employer offers a retirement account, sign up and put in at least the minimum contribution to receive any matches they may offer. Ask your HR representative for more details.
Not sure how much to save each month? Start by assessing your current savings plan. When you're ready, speak with a Personal Banker about creating the savings accounts you need.
Get Started Now
• Check out MidAmerica National Bank's savings options
• Talk to a Personal Banker at 877-647-5050
• Visit any MNB location to learn more
• Schedule a meeting