WE DO MORE THAN TRUSTS!
By Rick Imhoff, CFP ®
Rick Imhoff, CFP®, is Senior Vice President & Senior Trust Officer for MidAmerica National Bank. He can be reached at 309-647-5000, ext. 1130 or by email.
Most people think that the only function performed by a bank trust department is the settlement of estates and trusts when people die and the administration of revocable living trusts for individuals who are incapacitated This is an important function of a bank trust department, but we also do much more. In addition to handling trusts and estates, we manage investment portfolios for a broad range of clients. Without the need of an attorney, an investor can establish an investment management agency account with us and obtain the benefits of professional investment management services.
An investment management agency account can provide you with the following:
• Access to professional money managers that adhere to a strict investment discipline
• Development of a customized portfolio to meet your specific investment goals
• Reduction of individual stock and bond acquisition costs due to our institutional buying power
• Regular reports showing all transactions for the period and a list of holdings
• Regular performance reports
• Distribution of income and/or principal as you request
• Access to no-load institutional mutual funds not available to individual investors
• Very competitive management fees
• Simplification of income tax reporting
• Flexibility to change investments as your financial situation changes
• Payment of bills while you are traveling
The key benefit of working with us to manage your investments is that we are a fiduciary which means we must act in the best interest of our clients at all times. This is the highest standard of care for which a money manager can act on behalf of their clients.
At the time an investment management agency account is established, an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is developed and executed. This is a key document for an investment management relationship. The IPS described in detail your target asset allocation, the variation from that target, your risk tolerance, liquidity requirements, and timing for portfolio rebalancing. The IPS also includes the frequency of monitoring, specifying benchmarks to measurement performance, and when changes are to be made to the IPS.
We provide an initial confidential appointment at no cost to help you determine if this service might be of benefit to you. Schedule an appointment today!
Investments are not FDIC-insured, hold no bank guarantee, may lose value, are not a deposit, and are not insured by any federal government agency.